Article Author @mparke - 17-08-22
The importance of holistic environmental wellness
The natural world offers countless benefits to human and animal life. However, as a consequence of growing urbanization and industrialization, many people have become disconnected from nature. Luckily for us, there are ways to reconnect with nature and its healing properties.
What is holistic environmental wellness?
Holistic environmental wellness is the practice of caring for your health by incorporating the natural world and all its elements into your life. This includes the food you eat, the water you drink, and the air you breathe. It also includes engaging with the natural world and connecting with nature as often as possible, even in small ways.
Environmental wellness is more than just protecting the planet, it’s about the well-being of all living things, including humans. It means living in balance with the natural world, and not consuming more than you need. It’s about working with nature, not against it. Environmental wellness also includes how we act and interact with the natural world. This can include sustainable food production, waste reduction, and energy conservation. Environmental wellness is also about protecting and conserving our natural resources.
The benefits of practicing holistic environmental wellness
- Food. Eating clean, unprocessed foods grown in sustainable ways provides our bodies with the nutrients and energy needed to thrive. Eating foods that have been grown without harmful chemicals or pesticides is a great start. Eating organic, local produce when possible is even better. When you eat foods that are as unaltered as possible, you get all of the nutrients and minerals your body needs for optimal health.
- Water. Drinking clean, unprocessed water is essential for good health. When water is clean, it doesn’t have any nasty chemicals in it that could be harmful to your body. When you drink water that’s as pure as possible, you’re giving your body the hydration it needs to operate at its best.
- Soil. Healthy soil is essential to growing healthy plants and food. When we care for the soil, we’re growing food in a way that is as natural as possible. Healthy soil also retains water which helps plants in drought-prone areas thrive.
- Plants. Plants are critical to our health. They clean the air, provide oxygen, produce food, and add beauty to the world. When you care for plants, you are caring for yourself and the health of others.
- Animals. Animals are important members of the natural world. When we care for animals, we’re giving them a safe and healthy habitat to thrive in. Animals are an important part of our food chain. They also provide us with emotional support, companionship, and entertainment.
- Landscapes. Landscapes provide us with places to explore, play, relax, and exercise. We can explore nature by hiking, swimming, and kayaking. Landscapes also provide us with beautiful vistas and can help lift our spirits when we are feeling low.
- Energy conservation. Energy conservation is important for sustaining our planet and our resources. When we conserve energy, we’re using less of it and not depleting our resources as quickly.
- Protecting and conserving our natural resources. Protecting and conserving our natural resources is essential for the survival of our planet. When we care for the land, water, and air, we’re protecting the natural world. When we protect the natural world, we’re taking care of ourselves and future generations.
3 Ways to practice holistic environmental wellness
Connect with nature as often as possible. Get outside as often as you can and breathe in the fresh air. You can also connect with nature by gardening. Planting seeds and watching them grow can be a very fulfilling way to connect with nature.
Clean, healthy foods provide your body with the nutrients it needs to be happy, healthy, and thrive. Eating foods that have been grown organically without the use of pesticides is a great start. Eating healthy, unprocessed foods is another important step toward consuming clean foods.
Reduce your carbon footprint by making smart choices about the food you eat, the products you buy, and the energy you use in your home. You can start by eating less meat and more plant-based foods that are better for the environment.
Why we need holistic social wellness in our lives?
When we think of wellness, we usually imagine eating kale and going on runs. However, there’s more to socia
@mparke - 06-08-2022
Steps to more holistic physical wellness
Holistic physical wellness is a belief that physical wellness can only be achieved by incorporating all asp
@mparke - 29-05-2022
What is holistic nutrition and why it's important to your wellness?
Holistic nutrition is a way of thinking that looks at the bigger picture when considering what our bodies n
@mparke - 25-05-2022