Fully greening my bathroom has been a process but one that began years ago with throwing out my aluminum-filled deodorant. And so a long experiment ensued, testing many, many varieties of clean, organic brands. Some became too sticky, some too liquid, and some just flaky. Some just didn't even work at all. This experiment also involved sweating a ton. Nothing was really filling the 3 very important needs :: completely organic, unisex natural fragrance, and lasting deodorizing power. I finally met Kari of Poppy and Someday this past October at an event we were both showing at and I scooped up a number of her amazing products. A few other daily favorites + must haves include her Vata Mist and Gypsy Rose Toner. But I was thrilled to come across her all natural Cypress Deodorant. Finally a long lasting solution that has been fully hot yoga, hiking, + spinning tested and fulfills my woodsy scent cravings in every way. And how gorgeous is this ingredients list ::
- BAKING SODA | neutralizes the bacteria that causes odor
- ORGANIC ARROWROOT POWDER | helps you to feel dry while allowing you to still sweat and release toxins.
- COCONUT OIL | and for anti-microbial properties
- SHEA BUTTER | to soothe + moisturize skin
- BLEND OF CYPRESS, COPAL, + LAVENDER | for an uplifting, unisex, green scent
Which brings me back to the original issue and now HUGE QUESTION :: why is aluminum, among other harmful, toxic ingredients, even being used???????