Our highly effective DIY tick repellant recipe that both Yula + I have been using for over a year now for regular outdoor adventures :: NO ticks have been found.
Ideal for Spring's up + down temperatures, this DIY toner calms, hydrates, and de.flames my outer layer.
One of my favorite at home beauty recipes to support sensitive, over heated, + dehydrated skin ::: I regularly play skin alchemist in my own kitchen with ingredients that I also use to nourish my mind, inner body, + spirit. I keep this mask ready in the fridge so there is an extra calming and cooling factor. It feels so amazing when applied and leaves your skin soft, hydrated, calmed, + bright. **I also put a tablespoon of this into my smoothies for an inner glow as well.
IRISH MOSS :: is a type of seaweed that is super rich in minerals and has wonderful detoxifying properties. When applied topically it soothes and softens the skin, is anti-inflammatory, eases rashes + sunburns, and also has anti-aging effects.
ROSEWATER :: Just as rose essence soothes the spirit + mood, rosewater when applied topically soothes inflamed skin, diminishing redness and calming enlarged capillaries just below the skin’s surface.
GRATED APPLE :: When applied topically apples can have a very gentle peel effect. They are super high in antioxidants which nourish the skin, and are rich in Alpha Hydroxy Acids which have a balancing effect on the skin’s PH, dissolve dry patches, and can help lighten sun + age spots.
- Large Handful of Irish Moss
- 3 T of drinkable Rose Water
- 5 T freshly grated organic Apple
- Place the Irish Moss in a glass container and cover with spring water. Leave overnight in the fridge to soak. You want it to soften, become a bit lighter in color, + a bit slimy.
- Rinse the plumped up Irish Moss in the sink, discard water.
- Add 3/4 C of fresh spring water and the Irish Moss to your high-speed blender and blend until smooth and gel-like.
- Add your 3T of Rose Water and blend again. Transfer to a tupperware container
- Grate about 5 T of organic apple and stir into your gel.
- Let cool in fridge. ***This gel will last about 3 weeks refrigerated.
- When your gel is nice and cool, apply to your entire face, neck and chest area.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and remove with a warm soft cloth.
I've been driving a ton. I live in Topanga, which means getting around is a bit of a shlep. Beyond worth it, but still miles + miles in the car. Which also means my hands are in this steamy, hot Summer sun constantly. I'm wearing my sunscreen, but they are taking a beating. Esthetician, Healer, Herbalist, Founder of JustBe Skin Care Line, and my dear, friend Negin shares with us the most nourishing + rejuvenating vegan hand treatment. Hands are truly the first part of the body to show age. And they are very likely the most over worked and under cared for. So we thought it was time to show our hands some true love. These transforming ingredients are straight from your own kitchen, but the results far surpass any store bought treatment. Give your hands some love today.
- This treatment will exfoliate the dead skin from hands
- It is also brightening | Lemon, Turmeric, Baking Soda
- Extremely moisturizing | Avocado
- Anti-inflammatory | Turmeric
- 1 avocado
- 1 T aluminum-free baking soda
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 lemon (juice + pulp)
- 2 compostable plastic bags
Mix the avocado and the juice and pulp of one lemon together either by hand or blender then add the turmeric and baking soda. Leave on as long as you can. The longer the more beneficial. Perhaps while watching a movie. At least 15 minutes.